ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lemon - Encrypted, Distributed, Decentralized Email

(1/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I think this is a pretty clever new email service.

First of all, Lemon features end-to-end encryption so that no one--not even Lemon engineers--can read the content of your emails, except of course you and the intended recipient. No scraping the content of your emails to better advertise to you or gather personal/private information. In fact, there are no ads in your email period. "The way it works is that the passphrase you use to unlock your emails is not saved anywhere / on our server and therefore even our engineers cannot read your emails. (Don't forget your passphrase!)"

Secondly, Lemon is powered via IPFS[1] and Ethereum's blockchain technology. This allows Lemon to be decentralized. Meaning there is no central server to be hacked. No single point of failure that can prevent you from being able to access your email. In fact, there is no server at all. "Your emails are safe in pretty much any scenario you can imagine, from natural disaster to alien invasion."

Thirdly, you can still use it to email your mom. Lemon will translate your email from the IPFS version and communicate with the recipient's SMTP server (or vice versa for incoming email from non-Lemon accounts). "When emailing people that are outside of Lemon Email service, we have [an] additional security layer so that third party email services cannot read or decrypt your emails."

The future of the internet, using P2P/distributed technologies such as IPFS and Ethereum, is developing into something really amazing. :Thmbsup:

More info about Lemon:
https://lemon.email/

The one thing that puzzles me is they claim it's all "at the price of one cappuccino a month" but the pricing plans page says it's $20/mo. That sounds like one expensive cappuccino to me!

1. See my post "IPFS - Is this the future of the internet?"

rgdot:
When I visit their site it says "price of one pizza a month."  :tellme:

Smarta** comment :P
If I correct their website English, well I found only 2 errors on the home page, will I get a discount?

Ath:
will I get a discount?
-rgdot (May 06, 2017, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I expect all you get is lemons... :tellme:

rgdot:
I expect all you get is lemons... :tellme:
-Ath (May 07, 2017, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

wraith808:
When I visit their site it says "price of one pizza a month."  :tellme:

Smarta** comment :P
If I correct their website English, well I found only 2 errors on the home page, will I get a discount?
-rgdot (May 06, 2017, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe a Smarta** already corrected them. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version