ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need Chrome Help: How to auto-open new tab from Address bar?

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
One thing I really like about Firefox is, that I can put in an address, press enter and a new tab opens.
-brahman (May 04, 2017, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's either an about:config setting I changed like 10 years or so ago or tabmixplus, I don't know.
-brahman (May 04, 2017, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it's a Firefox extension that gives you this functionality-Deozaan (May 04, 2017, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, FWIW it is tabmixplus

brahman:
Thanks for your suggestions.

Most of the time I have at least 2 different browser open.

Browser windows look very similar, and when I want to open a window quickly, I simply enter the URL and press enter. This has kind of become an automatic action, without thinking, albeit in Iron/Vivaldi sometimes with desastrous results.

That's why an F2 or any other solution except pressing enter won't work for me.

Steven Avery:
The popularity of Firefox today is connected to extensions like TabMixPlus and RoomyBookmarks.  Apparently the API of other browsers makes these kind of multi-row features more difficult.  And other flexibilities, as above.  Excepting Pale Moon, which is an earlier Firefox fork, enhanced.

Firefox is making some exrension compatibility more difficult lately.  Those two are working fine, Lazarus (runs also on Chrome) is not working for me on the current release.

wraith808:
http://alternativeto.net/software/tab-mix-plus/?platform=google-chrome

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/Y6bkTKPXjeI/zEb3EQOIwo4J

A couple of things on replacing tabmix plus.

brahman:
@wraith808

Thank you for your message.

I now spent quite a while reading these posts only to find out that everyone there says my objective could not be achieved.

Would it not have been much more productive to say: "It can't be done" than to make your readers go through all those lengthy posts in the hope of finding a solution to the problem raised in this thread?

Or: If you did find a solution and I overlooked it, maybe just simply post it here how to do it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version