ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need Chrome Help: How to auto-open new tab from Address bar?

(1/3) > >>

brahman:
I use Firefox a lot as my favorite browser, but lately also found a liking to the new Vivaldi and Iron Chrome derivatives.

One thing I really like about Firefox is, that I can put in an address, press enter and a new tab opens.

I know there is the Alt-Enter keyboard shortcut to accomplish this, but I am so used to the Firefox way, that I always forget it.

I am sure there must be a way to change this behavior. Could someone tell me how?

Deozaan:
Huh? How does that work?

When I type an address into the address bar and press enter, I go to that address in the current tab. As far as I know, this is standard behavior in all browsers, and has been for 20+ years.

It sounds to me like you have an extension installed which gives this functionality.

brahman:
It's either an about:config setting I changed like 10 years or so ago or tabmixplus, I don't know.

hamradio:
Vivaldi in the Settings only allows you switch between Alt + Enter and Shift + Enter at the moment the way it appears. One workaround at the moment for Vivaldi is to press F2 (Default for Quick Commands.) and type it in that.

Deozaan:
It's either an about:config setting I changed like 10 years or so ago or tabmixplus, I don't know.
-brahman (May 04, 2017, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it's a Firefox extension that gives you this functionality, have you tried searching for a Chrome extension that will do this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version