ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 10 S and Surface Laptop

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
If Google's goal was for the Pixel to be a symbolic leader to make Chrome OS a success, then it succeeded, as Chromebooks now dominate US classrooms, are the best selling laptops, and possibly the only traditional laptop category that is still growing.
-dr_andus (May 03, 2017, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Certain Chromebooks succeeded despite themselves.  The Pixel definitely wasn't one at $999.  Price was one of the big selling points, just like netbooks.  And Chromebooks are also being driven by an active App store.  Windows doesn't have that advantage to even drive it that far.

And I think that the reason that sales have accelerated is because of the lower end products, and the fact that Google listened to the customers with offline mode and the availability of Apps.  Microsoft doesn't have the offline mode to get past (at least I don't think so), but they do have the downside of the availability of apps.

cranioscopical:
Pathetic though this may be...

I have a Surface Book and am strangely pleased not to have been upstaged by a Surface Book 5.

:-[

wraith808:
Pathetic though this may be...

I have a Surface Book and am strangely pleased not to have been upstaged by a Surface Book 5.

:-[
-cranioscopical (May 03, 2017, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D

I'm actually quite happy with my Surface Pro, and didn't really need new hardware, so maybe I should just take my wins where I can like you. :Thmbsup:

:Thmbsup:

eleman:
[sarcasm]Offering the choice of browsers between Edge, Edge, and of course, the Edge, I can already see what a huge success it will be.[/sarcasm]

wraith808:
[sarcasm]Offering the choice of browsers between Edge, Edge, and of course, the Edge, I can already see what a huge success it will be.[/sarcasm]
-eleman (May 04, 2017, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

And Bing, Bing, and of course Bing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version