ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Help fixing bugs in AutoHotKey SHIFT/SHIFT activate key

<< < (3/4) > >>

jeff_eisenberg:
Love it. Thanks!
I thought that this approach seemed more stable but I couldn't figure out how to replace it with Alt.
Using Alt, endKeys i don't think would be necessary because no one would ever double tap Alt.
I'm also posting on StackOverflow and will post back here if I get any results.

--- ---~Alt Up::
    Input, key, V L1 t0.5 E, % endKeys
    If (Errorlevel ~= "Alt") {
        Double_Alt := true
        Sleep 2000
        Double_Alt := false

IainB:
I thought that this approach seemed more stable but I couldn't figure out how to replace it with Alt.
Using Alt, endKeys i don't think would be necessary because no one would ever double tap Alt.
I'm also posting on StackOverflow and will post back here if I get any results.
-jeff_eisenberg (May 02, 2017, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ergonomics of the UI:

* Replacing the target TapTap key with another one seems to be (will be) relatively easy.    :up:
* By the way, the EndKeys thing seems to be an irrelevant diversion, looking at thew process flow. It's all about ergonomics.
* Getting the rest of the code right seems to be where the problems lie!    :-[
* More ergonomics: ",,,no one would ever double tap Alt. ..." - actually, I discovered that it can be very frequently used by people (like me) who use Alt+Tab as a window switcher. That keeps triggering the TapTap with invalid keys, so needs to be filtered out such that only "valid" TapTaps are processed. :(

Ath:
it can be very frequently used by people
-IainB (May 02, 2017, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
"Alt" is about the worst key to use for something like this, as it is used for nearly every hotkey in every application, and it has the function of activating hotkey-underscores in the menu of standard 'classic' (Win32/WinForms) Windows UI applications when pressed once.
Only usable keys would probably be "Shift" or the hardly ever used "Scroll Lock".

tomos:
it can be very frequently used by people
-IainB (May 02, 2017, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
"Alt" is about the worst key to use for something like this, as it is used for nearly every hotkey in every application, and it has the function of activating hotkey-underscores in the menu of standard 'classic' (Win32/WinForms) Windows UI applications when pressed once.
-Ath (May 03, 2017, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

True, I've given up simple Alt+[letter] key shortcuts for that reason: either they dont work, or stop the Alt menu combinations from working.
FWIW
I have/use a good few Alt key shortcuts in combination with another qualifier key (+ letter key) without problem.

jeff_eisenberg:
Thanks for the feedback. Yea, we just wanted to find a universal "activator" for the company so that when following it by any letter, it would trigger different macros. Everything we try seems to have some kind of conflict. We wanted to use one that would be easy like SHIFT/SHIFT... But i guest it's not that easy. Recommendations appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version