ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Question: Searching Text String Within Comment/Note Within Capture

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
I stand corrected -- I was finding JPG files too.

Seems PNG searching is not working in xnview OR I am misunderstanding something.
-mouser (April 28, 2017, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried using PhotoSupreme, (formerly IDimager), my image cataloging programme -- it cannot find any info either.
I think there one of two things happening here, either:

* none of these programmes treat PNG's as 'proper' images,
or:
* SC is saving the info, but not in a format that is easily legible (maybe not in the correct location?)
I think this one worth following up on (not only cause I've been adding info to my screenshots for a while, foolishly without actually testing if I could find same).
If the information is correctly there in the images, and there was some more exact info available about where it is, I could ask some one of these programmes if they could support it

mouser:
Let me look into it again.
And I can always add a built-in search function to SC.

Here's something that would help: Can someone make a png image that has a Description/Comment field that *DOES* show up in these other programs?  With such a sample png I should be able to figure out the difference.

dluby:
I have just sent you an image that hopefully is off use to you.

tomos:
Here's something that would help: Can someone make a png image that has a Description/Comment field that *DOES* show up in these other programs?  With such a sample png I should be able to figure out the difference.
-mouser (May 17, 2017, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, using Photoshop CS2, I can add the info to what appears to be the same field (Description >Description) as in the jpegs, but cannot find the added info using Xnview (which did find the info from the jpegs).
EDIT//
FWIW the info I added to the PNG, using Photoshop -- supposedly in the same field as the jpeg -- can only be read by Photoshop. I do wonder if there is a limitation on PNGs, that they are treated differently than other image files (jpegs at any rate). Hopefully you find something helpful in dluby's file.
//EDIT

But the jpeg info was difficult enough to find as it was.
So,
I'm starting to wonder:
could it be added to a more universally accessible field?
(I, and I imagine others, move screenshots around to different project folders so not always using SC to read/view.)

Any file manager users out there that add info to their files for access via the file manager?
And/or file managers that can read info -- but from where?
I know XYplorer implemented something re adding comments to files -- or was it for tagging of sorts?

I remember (I think) there being a bit of a fuss a while back about descript.ion files being used by one manager -- looking, I think they not a good idea (non-standardised, separate file with info for all files in the folder)

Will do some research myself if I get a chance over the next few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version