ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Question: Searching Text String Within Comment/Note Within Capture

<< < (2/5) > >>

tomos:
Hmm.. Anyone know any other image-comment-searching tools to test with?
-mouser (April 25, 2017, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I opened the 'Comment' column in dopus, it's not showing anything for these files:

is that the column the text should be in?

rgdot:
XYplorer doesn't see those 'windows' comments either

mouser:
Hmm, I'll have to look into this -- perhaps I'm storing the comments in a different field..

IainB:
@mouser:
Hmm.. Anyone know any other image-comment-searching tools to test with?
-mouser (April 25, 2017, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I might be misunderstanding the Q, but I thought we'd already pretty much done this one to death some time ago - refer the DC forum thread: Re: Feature Request: Search text notes in screenshots

The  best proggy I have come across for searching through and indexing image files by text content in various fields is still Picasa.
The Picasa "Sunset" version, availability and download links are described in the DC forum thread, here: Re: Picasa to be 'phased out'

tomos:
I thought we'd already pretty much done this one to death some time ago - refer the DC forum thread: Re: Feature Request: Search text notes in screenshots

The  best proggy I have come across for searching through and indexing image files by text content in various fields is still Picasa.
The Picasa "Sunset" version, availability and download links are described in the DC forum thread, here: Re: Picasa to be 'phased out'
-IainB (April 26, 2017, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried Picasa: am I missing something -- it seems to have very basic search (Ctrl+F, version 3.9.137), it didnt find any comment text.
I can try Agent Ransack at some stage but dont have it installed

but I guess at this stage the question is where this information is stored

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version