ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Question: Searching Text String Within Comment/Note Within Capture

(1/5) > >>

bubbajunk:
Is it possible to search for text strings within the Comment/Note field? I would like to find all screenshots that contain a particular text string somewhere within the Comment/Note field of the screenshot. Where is the data stored, is that possible to search?

mouser:
It's not currently possible to do within Screenshot Captor, but it is a feature I plan to add soon.

However, the comment/note field is actually stored as plaintext inside the designated COMMENT section of the png/jpg image files.  So if you find an image browser that knows how to search in image comments, it will be able to search your comments.

For example, the free and excellent XnView program can search inside image comments.

tomos:
the free and excellent XnView program can search inside image comments.-mouser (April 21, 2017, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had reason to try this today --  unsuccessful for me with XnView (portable) current version 2.39
Double-checked and did a test: I could see the files I was looking for in XnView as thumbnails, but search still couldnt find

Question: Searching Text String Within Comment/Note Within Capture

couldnt find:
Illustrator
2017-04-25 , 16:03:31
Tracing Options
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Hmm.. Anyone know any other image-comment-searching tools to test with?

tomos:
^ I'll see what I have installed here . . .

PS for my last post mouser, I wanted to take a screenshot showing the text in the comment field in SC - as soon as I press any of the SC hotkeys, the field would go blank.
No big deal -- just reporting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version