ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Adobe Acrobat - is there an alternative?

<< < (4/5) > >>

techidave:
I think a lot of people use Reader, I do as does our school employees.  however, Reader does not allow us to create documents.  i believe it does allow editing of pdfs if the "Creator" allows it.  Which most do not, at least not the pdfs that I receive. 

techidave:
How about a recommendation for Macs?  I Adobe has one, but doesn't appear pdfexchange does.

ConstanceJill:
Hi there ^^

[…] combine several pdf pages into one pdf file.[…]
-cyberdiva (April 10, 2017, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
For this type of stuff, I'd recommend using PDF Split and Merge Basic (aka "PDFsam"). Preferably version 2.x, since version 3 dropped the "visual composer" option, which was a pretty useful feature.

dr_andus:
Reader can be fast, but it can also be slow.  Depends on the PDF.  I find that PDF XChange opens at the same speed no matter the PDF, which is why I always switch my default to it.
-wraith808 (April 11, 2017, 06:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was commenting more on launching the app. If I am opening a PDF file without the app running yet, then Acrobat Pro launches more quickly than PDF-XChange. Once they are both running, this difference disappears when opening additional files.

wraith808:
Reader can be fast, but it can also be slow.  Depends on the PDF.  I find that PDF XChange opens at the same speed no matter the PDF, which is why I always switch my default to it.
-wraith808 (April 11, 2017, 06:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was commenting more on launching the app. If I am opening a PDF file without the app running yet, then Acrobat Pro launches more quickly than PDF-XChange. Once they are both running, this difference disappears when opening additional files.

-dr_andus (April 11, 2017, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... I always open with a file, so I hadn't noticed this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version