ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

An Idea: Providing some small funding for a yearly (or 6 month) regular coder

<< < (5/6) > >>

wraith808:
with bonus points for quality apps
-app103 (July 11, 2017, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you judge this?  And who judges it?

mouser:
Everyone will offer their comments on a public thread listing the new apps, and then a select group of long time dc members and those who have contributed to the fund will conduct some kind of vote.  I expect it will be largely just a matter how how many apps were released by each person.. with minor tweaking for giant apps counting as two units, or small apps counting for half a unit.  I expect it will be very non-controversial, but if there is some disagreement we can write a little script to do the voting and weighting. 

As I said, let's start with the simplest approach and if it turns out something more complicated is needed we'll code a solution :)

wraith808:
Everyone will offer their comments on a public thread listing the new apps, and then a select group of long time dc members and those who have contributed to the fund will conduct some kind of vote.  I expect it will be largely just a matter how how many apps were released by each person.. with minor tweaking for giant apps counting as two units, or small apps counting for half a unit.  I expect it will be very non-controversial, but if there is some disagreement we can write a little script to do the voting and weighting. 

As I said, let's start with the simplest approach and if it turns out something more complicated is needed we'll code a solution :)
-mouser (July 11, 2017, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds good  :Thmbsup:

Ath:
let's start with the simplest approach and if it turns out something more complicated is needed we'll code a solution :)
-mouser (July 11, 2017, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
It's time to make this happen..  I need some help.. Could I beg someone try to make a list of all new software (updates and new) released by dc people in 2017?  I think with that list we can divide some funding among those coders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version