ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Python 3 - advice required on installing appropriate system/interpreter.

<< < (2/2)

Mark0:
@Mark0: Thanks. The version 3 is necessary only because that is the version my daughter is being taught with at school.
-IainB (April 06, 2017, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I understand but usually, in the context of Python, when one say Python 3(.x) is to contrast that to Python 2(.x). At some point they decided to sort out the language, and loose some inconsistencies and ugliness even if the price was backward compatibility. So they have become like 2 different dialects, and you see all the time in Python projects stated that they'll work in Python 2 or 3 (and sometimes both).
So it's probably worth checking, but I doubt they are really using such an old version like 3.0.x.

mwb1100:
I have only done a bit of Python.  I found the PyCharm IDE to be helpful, though it might be overwhelming for someone just getting started.  There's a free "Community" edition and an "Edu" edition (also free), but I'm not sure exactly how it differs from the Community edition.  It claims to be tailored for novices.

- PyCharm Edu
  - PyCharm Community Edition

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version