ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a new browser

<< < (4/4)

IainB:
Sorry, but which rant is that?
-IainB (April 08, 2017, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mozilla basically killed off Firefox.
-Tuxman (April 09, 2017, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I was joking. Yes, I know that rant. I have the same rant. Actually, they've arguably not quite killed it off, but they do seem to be very busy killing it at present. Or maybe we haven't all figured out (or don't want to see it) that they have already killed it off?
Either way, I jumped ship a while back.

app103:
Pale Moon users should probably install FEBE 8.3.1, CLEO 6.0.2, and OPIE 5.0.2.1, just in case, so they don't ever end up in a situation where they lose access to installing their favorite add-ons, after the Firefox change.
-app103 (April 06, 2017, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, app103, for these suggestions.  Can they be installed only when/if I find I need them, or do they have to be installed before they're needed?

-cyberdiva (April 08, 2017, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

You need to install them and run them to make a backup of your current everything, before you need it, not after you lose everything. Then keep the files in a safe place, so you don't lose them should your hard drive die. Because it would be rather pointless to make a backup and then lose both your current Pale Moon and your backups to the same mishap.

cyberdiva:
Ah, OK, thanks very much. I'll take your advice.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version