ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a new browser

<< < (2/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
I moved from Firefox to Pale Moon several years ago and have been very happy with that decision.  Originally based largely on Firefox, Pale Moon gives me many of the features I valued in Firefox without the sometimes senseless changes that made Firefox increasingly disappointing.

Stoic Joker:
My time with Firefox is nearly over (v57 is on the horizon)...
-highend01 (April 05, 2017, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to sidetrack...but remind me what's wrong with v57?

wraith808:
My time with Firefox is nearly over (v57 is on the horizon)...
-highend01 (April 05, 2017, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to sidetrack...but remind me what's wrong with v57?
-Stoic Joker (April 06, 2017, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Extensions, I think.  Many popular ones will stop working because of changes.

http://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/14/top-firefox-add-ons-and-their-webextensions-status/

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/

cyberdiva:
I don't use a lot of the extensions mentioned in the 2 links wraith provided, but FWIW, I thought I'd mention the extensions  (not plug-ins) I've currently got on Pale Moon, most of which I also had when I used Firefox:

Adblock Latitude (a Pale Moon version of Adblock)
Better Privacy
Cookie Culler
Download Manager
EPUB Reader
Flashblock
Google Translator
Last Pass
Lazarus
Linkman Fox
Surfulater Integration (I'll probably remove this soon, since the developer is no longer working on Surfulater)
Tiny URL generator

Even if they no longer work on Firefox, they'll continue to do so on Pale Moon, though it may become harder to find some of them.

Stoic Joker:
Ah! Okay... That's fine I don't use extensions. Just as long as it's not yet another horrific privacy issue, I'll plan on continuing to use it then.

Thanks guys, I'll be quiet now ... Carry on..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version