ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a new browser

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
Pale Moon users should probably install FEBE 8.3.1, CLEO 6.0.2, and OPIE 5.0.2.1, just in case, so they don't ever end up in a situation where they lose access to installing their favorite add-ons, after the Firefox change.

Tuxman:
The problem with the browser market of 2017 is that it's basically a choice between bloat Gecko or bloat Webkit. Pale Moon and SeaMonkey are your (and my) obvious options here unless we're interested in a giant waste of resources. Chrome-based browsers like Vivaldi are awful in this concern.

However, when it comes to a small and fast UI without clutter and you are fine with typing instead of clicking, qutebrowser might be another option:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=43667.0

Also, insert my usual rant about the stupidity that Mozilla has become here.  :mad:

IainB:
@Tuxman:
Also, insert my usual rant about the stupidity that Mozilla has become here.
-Tuxman (April 08, 2017, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, but which rant is that? I am not sure, there are so many. If you inserted it in a "Spoiler" thingy, it would help - then those of us who wanted to could read it and compare it with our own Mozilla rants and see if we (or you) had missed any rant points out about Mozilla. That could be quite a fun thing to do and would keep us on our mettle and lift the game across the whole forum - no sloppy critiquing here!    :Thmbsup:
I think I had a set of 58½ rant points last time I checked, but some of those were arguably duplicates - i.e., same general meaning/intent, but just using different words. I had intended to put some time aside to sit down and rationalise the list at some point, but this (your rant) could be the stimulus I needed to do just that.

cyberdiva:
Pale Moon users should probably install FEBE 8.3.1, CLEO 6.0.2, and OPIE 5.0.2.1, just in case, so they don't ever end up in a situation where they lose access to installing their favorite add-ons, after the Firefox change.
-app103 (April 06, 2017, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, app103, for these suggestions.  Can they be installed only when/if I find I need them, or do they have to be installed before they're needed?

Tuxman:
Sorry, but which rant is that?
-IainB (April 08, 2017, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mozilla basically killed off Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version