ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

imgur bbcode?

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
imgur used to have a button to copy the bbcode for pasting in foums.  I tried wrapping the image address in image tags.  No good.  Anyone know the secret and why they did away with the convenient button?

The above smudge is what happens when using the image file url inside image tags.  :(

wraith808:
imgur used to have a button to copy the bbcode for pasting in foums.  I tried wrapping the image address in image tags.  No good.  Anyone know the secret and why they did away with the convenient button?

The above smudge is what happens when using the image file url inside image tags.  :(

-MilesAhead (April 12, 2017, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

You have to use the version of the link that has the extension at the end, i.e.

Deozaan:
You have to use the version of the link that has the extension at the end
-wraith808 (April 12, 2017, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

To expand on that, it's because the img tags are not specifically for imgur, but for any image link. So it needs a known image type to know how to read the image.

But don't forget that it's often recommended to upload the image to the forum here and attach it instead of linking to an external site. So we don't lose relevant content in a few years.

MilesAhead:

Ok, the old way when I first started using it way back a few weeks ago, as soon as you dragged and dropped an image, even if you weren't logged in, it gave a stack of buttons.  Now even if I am logged in, it just shows one link with a "copy" button.  But if I go to my images and click on the image, I get the stack of buttons.  Trying it now with the BBCode Button.  Bingo!

Thanks guys.  :)

mouser:
But don't forget that it's often recommended to upload the image to the forum here and attach it instead of linking to an external site. So we don't lose relevant content in a few years.
--- End quote ---

What deo said.  Better to upload it to the forum so we can keep it forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version