ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Windscribe - Get 50GB free VPN bandwidth every month for life

<< < (6/6)

4wd:
Post removed, it turns out that it was a response by WindScribe to the "democratic" elections in Belarus ... and the subsequent internet restrictions.

Leave the code for the people, (Belarusians), that really need it ...

Deozaan:
I just upgraded my 50 GB/mo plan to the 60 GB/mo plan with this code. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (July 04, 2017, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't used Windscribe in a while, but I just logged into my account and saw that somehow my 60 GB/mo plan is now a 2 GB/mo plan. :down:

It tells me I can get a 10 GB plan by verifying my email address, but (1) I'm pretty sure I did that a long time ago, and (2) there's nothing I can find in my account to allow me to do that.

For these reasons I must say that Windscribe sucks. >:(

Deozaan:
I contacted Windscribe support about my account. It turns out that unsubscribing from their promotional emails will downgrade your account to the 2 GB plan. It has been long enough since I last used Windscribe that I can't remember if I knew that would happen when I made the decision to unsubscribe. It's plausible that at that point in time I thought I'd never use the service again and therefore I was okay with the idea of my account going back to the 2 GB plan.

They said they reverted the change to my account, so now it shows that I'm back on the 60 GB plan. But I'm not sure if that means I've been subscribed to their promotional emails again or not. 8)

With that additional information and context, I hereby revoke my proclamation about Windscribe's suckiness. :D

4wd:
Windscribe Terms

Email Promotions

As a free user, by providing an email address and in exchange for additional bandwidth, you give Windscribe the permission to send you promotional offers. You can unsubscribe (remove your email) at any time, but you will be downgraded to the basic free plan.
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Windscribe Terms

-4wd (December 04, 2020, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version