ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Windscribe - Get 50GB free VPN bandwidth every month for life

<< < (3/6) > >>

4wd:
Windscribe 60GB per month deal is back, this time the code is: GOTD60GB

Deozaan:
I just got an email from Windscribe saying you can now upgrade to Pro for "free" by letting your CPU mine cryptocurrency for them on their website. They don't say that's what they're doing, but it's pretty obvious from the context:

Basically, the process involves you opening a special web-page on our website, which will use your CPU to solve complex math puzzles. Don't worry if you're bad at math, you don't have to do anything as your CPU is exceptionally good at that kind of stuff. Each solution gives credit to your account. Once you get enough credits you can redeem them for things like resetting your usage on demand, permanently increasing your free bandwidth allowance, or even earning a free Pro account!
--- End quote ---

And the email links to a URL which contains the word "miner" in it.

But I'm kind of curious which cryptocurrency they're mining, since CPU mining is basically a fool's errand on the most popular cryptocurrencies, due to GPU or ASIC mining rigs.

4wd:
lol ... just come along because I got the same email.

The Pirate Bay was caught out doing the same thing but they didn't tell users of the site, (as an alternative to ads).

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ne7nvm/is-the-pirate-bays-in-browser-cryptocurrency-mining-better-than-its-crappy-ads

BTW, the WindScribe rewards are:

1 Month Pro       = 50,000,000
+10GB for life    = 10,000,000
Reset Bandwidth = 1,000,000

Maxed out I'm getting 37 hashes/s ... this could take some time  :P

Deozaan:
-4wd (September 21, 2017, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

37 hashes/s? Is that correct? Not kHashes (1,000 hashes) per second? Or MHashes (1,000,000 hashes) per second? Just regular hashes? :huh:

That's definitely going to be worthless for something like Bitcoin mining.

4wd:
-4wd (September 21, 2017, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

37 hashes/s? Is that correct? Not kHashes (1,000 hashes) per second? Or MHashes (1,000,000 hashes) per second? Just regular hashes? :huh:

That's definitely going to be worthless for something like Bitcoin mining.-Deozaan (September 21, 2017, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

37 hashes/s, on my AMD Phenom x6 1100T, (2010 release CPU - it cost me nothing and does the job :P )

Windscribe  - Get 50GB free VPN bandwidth every month for life

That's just a few extra hashes I've clocked up without logging in - I don't need to do this, I already have a lifetime Windscribe Premium account, was just interested to see it working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version