ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Kapersky reports trojan in CH&S 2.41

<< < (2/3) > >>

malislaw:
Resolved - Virustotal now clears it in all 61 tests, and an updated Kapersky database lets it install and run.  All set!

mouser:
Excellent.  Thanks for the initial report and the update  :up:

IainB:
@mouser:
As I wrote here:
Storm in a teacup.
But an example of how Trend Micro and other so-called "AV" (Anti-Virus) companies have been deftly digging a hole for themselves with this nonsense, then obligingly filled it in on  top of themselves. Self-destructive and well-earned.
Meanwhile, Microsoft Defender (AKA MS Security Essentials) laughing all the way to the bank as businesses get the message...
-IainB (March 30, 2017, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could I suggest, that you, as a developer, could sidestep any future artificial dependency on these idiot AV false positives and forestall your having to go to them, literally cap-in-hand, to request that they please correct their mistakes. This would be by the simple expedient of releasing all future versions in files with a checksum (file hash) - e,g, using CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, etc.).

I would also suggest that the user dump whatever time-wasting false-positive AV they are using, in favour of MS Security Essentials. As a consequence, there would probably be very few of these unproductive discussion threads active any more.
Problem solved?    :tellme:

Stoic Joker:
I would also suggest that the user dump whatever time-wasting false-positive AV they are using, in favour of MS Security Essentials. As a consequence, there would probably be very few of these unproductive discussion threads active any more.
-IainB (March 30, 2017, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

While MSE is still my favorite, it's no angel. It FP'd on me a few weeks back on a copy of f0dder's FSekrit I'd been using for years on 5 different machines.

MilesAhead:
While MSE is still my favorite, it's no angel. It FP'd on me a few weeks back on a copy of f0dder's FSekrit I'd been using for years on 5 different machines.
-Stoic Joker (March 31, 2017, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

In AHK a standard technique for remapping keys is to check for some condition, then if it doesn't apply resend the same keystrokes.  To avoid an infinite loop a keyboard hook is used to detect when the key combination is actually coming from the hardware.  That alone is enough to trigger many of these AV scanners as detecting a key logger.  My hope is that the situation will become so ridiculous that the invalidity of the whole concept of AV will filter down to the typical computer users.  So far I have not seen any formula posted how many good scans it takes to offset one bad scan.  If you line up hundreds of scanners there's bound to be a bad scan in there somewhere.

Maintenance on the machine is becoming the primary purpose of the machine it seems.  Get your computing in using one hour per day because the other waking hours will be consumed maintaining the system.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version