ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer is not responding.

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
Have you tested the latest version (17.70)? This thing is evolving and, contrary to some others ;), it's usually getting faster with each release.
-DonL (March 18, 2017, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

That I have not done.  I'll try using it full time on my surface, as I can afford to try there, and let you know what I see.

Deozaan:
I also bought a lifetime license without first testing XYplorer, because it was so highly recommended here.

Have you tested the latest version (17.70)? This thing is evolving and, contrary to some others ;), it's usually getting faster with each release.
-DonL (March 18, 2017, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just launched XYplorer to check which version I had and immediately upon starting it, it was "Not Responding" for about 10 seconds. It's version 17.70.0200.

FWIW, I also just tried closing it and restarting it to see if it would lock up every time I started it up, and that doesn't seem to be the case. It's responsive now on further attempts.

One thing I believe that wraith808 and I have in common is we both use Keybase, which has what may be considered a networked drive. But Windows Explorer never locks up for me on the "This PC" screen while waiting for a response from that, and I rarely actually ever access that drive, and have certainly never attempted to access it in XYplorer (other than it showing up in the list of drives on the This PC screen).

Aside: Maybe this discussion should be split off into a separate thread so as not to derail from the original topic.

DonL:
I agree this should be discussed in XY's user forum.

wraith808:
Just an FYI - in the new version, only on my surface (though I have the same definitions as on my desktop), contextmenu64 is being detected as a trojan by windows Defender.  I did submit that to microsoft.

wraith808:
I agree this should be discussed in XY's user forum.
-DonL (March 18, 2017, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
He was just saying that it should be split into a different thread, which I agree with.  I don't have an account on your forum, and I try to limit my participation on several different forums - too much of a time sink.  If you don't want to continue here, that's fine.  I'll continue as I have been, and thank you for your time so far.

Deo, I think you can split it into something more descriptive, and DonL can follow if he wishes.  Thanks for your efforts on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version