ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes goes full Anti-Virus

<< < (4/4)

cyberdiva:
It got to the heuristic scanning after about 30 minutes- which on the longer side, but not overly so.  The rest of the time was just that.  I've changed the schedule to once a week in the dead of night on Monday morning.  I'll see how it goes, but not upgrading any of my other machines until I figure this out.
-wraith808 (March 19, 2017, 08:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, ~30 minutes is pretty much what MB2 takes on my desktop computer when the scan includes checking for rootkits (without that, it takes about half as long). So perhaps the problem you're experiencing is something wrong with the heuristic scanning in MB3, rather than something absurdly excessive about the entire scanning process.  Have you reported this on the MBAM Forum?

wraith808:
It got to the heuristic scanning after about 30 minutes- which on the longer side, but not overly so.  The rest of the time was just that.  I've changed the schedule to once a week in the dead of night on Monday morning.  I'll see how it goes, but not upgrading any of my other machines until I figure this out.
-wraith808 (March 19, 2017, 08:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, ~30 minutes is pretty much what MB2 takes on my desktop computer when the scan includes checking for rootkits (without that, it takes about half as long). So perhaps the problem you're experiencing is something wrong with the heuristic scanning in MB3, rather than something absurdly excessive about the entire scanning process.  Have you reported this on the MBAM Forum?
-cyberdiva (March 19, 2017, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, just looked through the other people's threads that had the same problem.  If they didn't get a solution, didn't look very worth it - I don't frequent many forums, and try to keep it that way.  Might try a support ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version