ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Arizona sunsets

<< < (2/47) > >>

Arizona Hot:
I am not going to restrict this thread to just sunsets. Below is this morning's sunrise. I would have posted it sooner but I forgot I had already transferred all the pictures to the computer and the only thing left in the camera was a sunrise video I mistakenly made.  :-[ (if you want to see a mistake video let me know).

Arizona sunsets

IainB:
but it has manual setting too doesn't it?
-tomos (March 18, 2017, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Definitely, but I haven't needed to use them and like you said it would take a long time to learn how to set them. These are casual pictures. I am not seeking artistic or photographic perfection or exotic attainment. If you want the manual you can get it here or it is attached below.
-Arizona Hot (March 19, 2017, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, nice camera. When I downloaded that handbook  - "Sony Camera - DSC-HX20-HX20V-HX30-HX30V - Cyber-shot User Guide" (per the "View from my window" thread) - I saw what a seriously good camera that was.
Sony really do make some consistently reliable and good-quality gear, suitably over-engineered so as to be fit-for-purpose as a "general-purpose" camera, which could encompass a wide range of user requirements -
"You just want point-and-shoot? Yeah, sure, it can do that too."

I was sold on Sony cameras a while back when I bought a refurbished Sony DSC-H55 Cyber-Shot camera.

There's a lot of in-camera processing of images that could be added to digital cameras (some has been added as a trial, but seems to have been withdrawn in later models). Sony don't seem to do too much of that though, and that sort of processing now often seems to turn up in smartphone cameras.

IainB:
I am not going to restrict this thread to just sunsets. ...
-Arizona Hot (March 19, 2017, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
As author of the OP (opening post) of this thread, you can change the title of the thread in the OP. if you do that, then all new posts made after that point will then contain the modified title - e.g., you could call it (say) "Arizona Eagle Eye", or something.
You could also edit/update the OP itself to say what other, new things/subjects you are currently adding to (including in) the thread.
In this way, one can develop a sort of "curated" discussion thread with an evolving purpose - though I dislike using that term "curated" as it can be a cliché.

Arizona Hot:
No, sunsets were just becoming too much a part of the View thread, so I'm putting them here.

CWuestefeld:
Does it have to be Arizona? Here's sunrise in Rocky Mountain National Park:
Arizona sunsets

Does it have to be the sun setting? Here's the moon setting, also at RMNP:
Arizona sunsets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version