ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Trial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer

(1/1)

Contro:
I am trying

WTR

I don't understand the use of "Insert special character" because I don't see effects.
Can you try to see what happens ?

:-*

The program seems, as wordpipe, a powerful tool to replace string in several word documents and others.

It seems codes but when apply only appear the literally content in my case.

:-*

Trial Gillmeister Word Text Replacer

Shades:
Holy crap...that taskbar! :P

Anyway, with special character they mean here: characters that Word isn't showing you (when you use the default Word settings).

The ASCII table knows about a lot of characters, including the common ones you use to type texts in Word. Word uses a lot of the characters outside the standard ASCII table range to mark where certain features start and stop inside a Word document.

If you are familiar with those, you can quickly add or remove these features with one or more search-n-replace actions in several Word documents at once.

Word can show you where those special characters are used inside a document by enabling this option in the ribbon interface. That option will help you to get familiar with these special characters.

Contro:
Holy crap...that taskbar! :P

Anyway, with special character they mean here: characters that Word isn't showing you (when you use the default Word settings).

The ASCII table knows about a lot of characters, including the common ones you use to type texts in Word. Word uses a lot of the characters outside the standard ASCII table range to mark where certain features start and stop inside a Word document.

If you are familiar with those, you can quickly add or remove these features with one or more search-n-replace actions in several Word documents at once.

Word can show you where those special characters are used inside a document by enabling this option in the ribbon interface. That option will help you to get familiar with these special characters.
-Shades (March 16, 2017, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
But have you tried ?
I am going to enable this in the ribbon and comment.
Actually when inserting these codes are not recognized by word 2010. I only get if is a replace the literal expression.

If I put ^s that is precisely what  I got replaced.

It's the inverted P ?

I supposed the special character is to be inserted in the old and new values in the program.

Contro:
I am downloading videos about find and replace with windows.
Those options are equal.
Seems that you can use the special characters individually, not mixing.
 :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version