ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Explorer now has banner ads

<< < (4/6) > >>

michaelkenward:
So we started to use a portable version of Notepad++ on those machines (a lot of scripting is going on).
-Shades (March 11, 2017, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really paranoid organisation (the UK government) disabled USB ports on PCs. Maybe it still does.

wraith808:
I think wraith808 was saying that when someone unilaterally says "you should be using product X" or "you should not be using product Y" that is what is condescending. I don't think that he meant that what you said was condescending.
-Deozaan (March 12, 2017, 12:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  Thanks for putting it better

f0dder:
Man, ads in your operating system... ugh.

I quite like Windows 10, it's pretty snappy - but I really don't like this direction. Meh. Thought Microsoft had wisened up with Natya Sadella and all, but... ugh.

all of systems we work on now have a licensed copy on Notepad++ installed.-Shades (March 11, 2017, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Huh, there's licensed versions of Notepad++?  :huh: :huh: :huh:

c.gingerich:
It doesn't bother me too much as it is an ad for a MS product. If they started selling banner ads to other 3 party companies then that is different.

Stoic Joker:
It doesn't bother me too much as it is an ad for a MS product. If they started selling banner ads to other 3 party companies then that is different.
-c.gingerich (March 13, 2017, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

While I'm inclined to agree with you ... The phrase 'War of Inches' does come to mind.

If the crowd reaction isn't harsh enough, this could easily get a lot worse rather fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version