ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opt-in before January 31, 2016 to keep your current OneDrive storage size

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Speaking of OneDrive.  Yet another update to the client:
https://ninite.com/
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/Microsoft-SkyDrive.shtml
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/

MilesAhead:
Hmm, I just checked my storage and it is only 15 GB total capacity.  It was at 125 GB when I did the "Opt In" BS.  Looks like they just chop you when you are not looking anyway!

Guess it's a good thing I happened to be under the 15 GB limit in usage.  I hate how they just use a scythe like was are the front lawn instead of customers.

Edit: I see the "contact us" on the OneDrive page has been set up to reply to keywords in what you send them.  Meaning there is no way to just send a note with the one line description of the issue to a human being.  Instead it is badminton with "did you mean this?" and some description that has nothing to do with your problem, coming back over the net.  Somewhere there has to be one guy with bifocals who actually reads the communications.  It is finding out his email address that's the problem.

wraith808:
Hmm, I just checked my storage and it is only 15 GB total capacity.  It was at 125 GB when I did the "Opt In" BS.  Looks like they just chop you when you are not looking anyway!

Guess it's a good thing I happened to be under the 15 GB limit in usage.  I hate how they just use a scythe like was are the front lawn instead of customers.

Edit: I see the "contact us" on the OneDrive page has been set up to reply to keywords in what you send them.  Meaning there is no way to just send a note with the one line description of the issue to a human being.  Instead it is badminton with "did you mean this?" and some description that has nothing to do with your problem, coming back over the net.  Somewhere there has to be one guy with bifocals who actually reads the communications.  It is finding out his email address that's the problem.

-MilesAhead (March 09, 2017, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was to let you keep the 15GB, reading the notification above.  The only additional storage you get to keep is the camera storage for a total of 30GB.  How did you have 125GB?

MilesAhead:
That was to let you keep the 15GB, reading the notification above.  The only additional storage you get to keep is the camera storage for a total of 30GB.  How did you have 125GB?
-wraith808 (March 09, 2017, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I first signed up I got 25 GB.  Then there was some MS promotion.  I forget what it was.  But I had to click a link or whatever to get an additional 100 GB of free storage.  When I did the Opt In I got an email back saying they would not reduce my storage.  Of course I can't find it now.  But anyway, it occurs to me this is just a setting in the user's quota.  IOW, if I am only using 10 GB and am happy, why set my quota to 15 GB and piss me off?  This is a lame PR move.  If they were smart they would wait until I got over 25 GB and sent me a note "Gee we are sorry but we can't afford to carry the 125 GB anymore.  How about we give you this (some software or other promo whatever) instead?

The disk space isn't used until I use it.  It was just a number at the bottom of of the OneDrive panel that said "10 GB of 125 GB used."  But see they want to just cut the quota in an automated way to make sure nobody gets to use any of the storage.  A more live person to live person approach would be way better PR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version