ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Born in the wrong time...

(1/3) > >>

Rover:
So a year ago, I bought a set of Audrey Hepburn movies.  Beautiful Audrey  :-* is and was too old for me :(
So I just watched J. Love Hewitt :-* play Audrey in The Audrey Hepburn Story.  Where in the heck have I been?
Oh yeah, she's about 15 years too young for me :(

So, I've decided I was born in the wrong time, either 10 years to early, or 30 years too late.  Bummer.

At least Cody is ageless  ;D

brotherS:
Broadband is worth far more than any old actress :Thmbsup:

In my opinion this is the perfect time to live!

zridling:
When you go back and look at some of the actresses of the 40s and 50s — Hedy Lamarr, Ingrid Bergman, Maureen O'Hara, Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, among others — there's very few who could hold a candle to them today. You might see incredible individual performances, like that of Audrey Tautou in Amelie. Judi Dench is one who comes to mind off the top of my head who seems to have been in every other movie of the past twenty years, and made them all better. These women not only could act, but they looked good while doing it. As Madonna said, "they gave great face."

What is a lot of fun is to go back and watch movies like that of Doris Day and Rock Hudson's Pillow Talk, whose story is comprised around the technology of the late 1950s. What I wouldn't give if we all dressed and talked like Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.

rjbull:
Ahhh, nostalgia isn't what is used to be  :D

And you might try listening again to The Who's "Pictures of Lily"  :D

brotherS:
What is a lot of fun is to go back and watch movies like that of Doris Day and Rock Hudson's Pillow Talk, whose story is comprised around the technology of the late 1950s. What I wouldn't give if we all dressed and talked like Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.
-zridling (July 14, 2006, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
You got me there, I've been planning to watch Pillow Talk for about two years now. But since we are talking about old movies here... I hope you all saw Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb? From 1964, this is a Stanley Kubrick classic, well deserving it's #19 in the IMDB's TOP 250 list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version