ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS not copying text from column of cells

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
Scenario:

* select a column in a spreadsheet file by clicking on the header
* Copy
* The text *is* being copied to the clipboard, but it does not show anywhere in CHS
I thought this may be to do with volume of text I was copying (thousands of entries) in the spreadsheet,
but see I have the same problem copying a few entries (~20) from my IM (InfoQube)

I cant image it might be the case, but is there a setting somehow related to this?
Or is it a bug?

EDIT//
CHS version 2.3.9, installed version
Windows 7 x64

Ath:
Just guessing: The list of columns is an object, not text or rtf?

tomos:
Just guessing: The list of columns is an object, not text or rtf?
-Ath (February 22, 2017, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

not sure what you mean by 'list of columns' Ath, do you mean the selected column I copied?

Also lost by the object reference: can a column be an object? (note I'm a fairly basic spreadsheet user)
FWIW, in my example,
the selected column in each case contained text, often with cell shading/highlighting though [edit] when I think about it, there may have been conditional formatting, must check [/edit]

In the IM, it was similar situation, but not a complete column, but about 20 cells within one column. All plain text, (but not sure how it gets copied to clipboard).

mouser:
One thing you could test to see if the copy is resulting in TEXT on the clipboard is do the copy as you are doing it and then try to PASTE it into notepad or another text editor.  See what shows up when you try to paste into a text editor.

tomos:
One thing you could test to see if the copy is resulting in TEXT on the clipboard is do the copy as you are doing it and then try to PASTE it into notepad or another text editor.  See what shows up when you try to paste into a text editor.
-mouser (February 22, 2017, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

here's one example:
this column just had text, well numbers, with no formatting -- but with a little over 3,000 entries

--- Code: Text ---2016-11-00 snpsht26826927027127227327444275276277278279280281282283182183184284285286287288289
it copies and pastes fine, just doesnt show up in CHS --
but in fairness, do we want lists with 3,000+ entries clogging up CHS?

So that wasnt the problem for me:
I posted because of the problem with the list of 20 entries, which I thought was related -- let me look at that in a bit more detail next post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version