ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Macrium Reflect v7 release on Feb. 27th

<< < (5/5)

cyberdiva:
Malwarebytes 2 played nicely with Macrium. Yesterday I pulled mwb3 off of my main machine. That solved quite a number of new issues. [snip]

It was nice to see that Malwarebytes honoured the perpetual licenses.
-cranioscopical (March 09, 2017, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Many thanks, cranioscopical, for reporting your experiences with Malwarebytes3. Sounds like I did the right thing to stay with Malwarebytes 2. As you say, it plays very nicely with Macrium. 

And yes, I too was very pleased to see that MBAM has honored its lifetime licenses.  I suspect that moving away from a lifetime license possibility is helping the bottom line, and that's a good thing, but I'm glad that I got lifetime licenses before the change.

cyberdiva:
^^ I don't think I have ever done the verification step with any backup imaging program.  I started to once, then after a few minutes I killed it.  I used to do a complete partition image(full) and restore every time.  Now I am hooked on incremental and can't go back to the slow way.  :)
-MilesAhead (March 08, 2017, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since I don't want to mess with trying to restore if I don't have to, I always do the verification step with Macrium and assume that all is well. It takes forever, but even without the verification step, doing a full image took a long time. I deal with this by running Macrium at night, when I'm ready to go to bed. So the fact that it takes >3 hrs with the verification step doesn't bother me.  I haven't yet upgraded to Macrium 7. Perhaps that will be a bit faster, but the move from version 5 to version 6 made no difference in how long it took.

MilesAhead:
Are you talking about leaving town, just DC, the planet, or what?  heh heh
-MilesAhead (March 09, 2017, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ether or.
-cranioscopical (March 10, 2017, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I guess it depends the partic-ular wave you catch when surfing the space lanes.  But speaking of ether, am I still the only one who wonders why they put ether in the mustard sauce in Cantonese Restaurants?  I hate that stuff even being in the same room.   :)

MilesAhead:
It takes forever, but even without the verification step, doing a full image took a long time.
-cyberdiva (March 10, 2017, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to do full images and restores only myself.  I guess that habit is what made me think only the server edition had the rapid restore capability.  You should try it just for grins if you have a guinea pig PC lying around.  It is kind of fun the way it restores in such snappy fashion.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version