ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Sort lines of a txt file by lenght of the string

<< < (6/7) > >>

Ath:
Did you re-try the TED Notepad procedure already? I'd be interested to hear if you got that working. Eventually that's the simplest procedure, while keeping your files local.

I think very interesting to load a python script.
It's new for me.

Can I try again ?
-Contro (February 19, 2017, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, Python is an indentation sensitive language, so normal lines need to start in column 1, and anything grouped in conditional or for loops needs to be indented. (It lacks the curly braces from C/Java style languages, or the begin/end from Pascal.) Copying from the forum inserts the undesired white-space :(
It should work when you remove the excess white-space from the python script, only 3 lines should be indented, all other lines need to start at column 1. (How to un-indent: Select all indented lines, press Shift-Tab once)
I'll update the procedure, (or mouser could fix the forum to not insert white-space when copying text from a code block... :tellme:)

Contro:
Running to try. I will comment !

Lintalist:
Did you re-try the TED Notepad procedure already?-Ath (February 20, 2017, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps very long lines and wrapped text cause it to fail?

Ath:
Did you re-try the TED Notepad procedure already?-Ath (February 20, 2017, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps very long lines and wrapped text cause it to fail?
-Lintalist (February 20, 2017, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's unlikely, TED Notepad supports very long lines (over 1 million characters), and isn't fooled by wrapped lines either.

Lintalist:
That's unlikely, TED Notepad supports very long lines (over 1 million characters), and isn't fooled by wrapped lines either.-Ath (February 20, 2017, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good for TED :Thmbsup:

(was just a thought, some editors have issues with very long lines)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version