ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Icon Disappears from System Tray

(1/4) > >>

flowergardener:
The CHS icon does not appear in the System Tray for Windows XP. For a long time it always appeared right after booting but lately it stopped showing. The Customize Notifications menu shows it in the Past Items section.

I tried various options in the Startup and Tray options for CHS but nothing helps.

mouser:
is it running but not showing in tray, or not running at all?

IainB:
If it is a case of CHS still running, but the icon is not displaying, then it might be worth getting Restart Explorer by Lee Whittington - it's part of Ultimate Windows Customizer from Windows Club

I used RE in Win7-64 when stuff was not showing in the Systray - which was a recognised bug in Windows Explorer, it seems.

Anyway, just that one little executable fixes the Systray items non-display problem, and I still use it to good effect in Win10-64 PRO. This is a workaround to fix the recurring symptoms, not a fix for the bug per se.

There are various other ways to force Explorer to restart, but some of them don't necessarily get priority and so a wait/delay ensues once you start to execute them. However, I found that RE would consistently take priority, shut down Explorer and restart it quite expeditiously - and the Systray icons would all come back tickety-boo. So it's brutal and effective.

EDIT: I just had to use RE now (several Systray icons had disappeared again) and it worked a treat - they are all back again.

flowergardener:
The description for RE says it works on Windows 7. Did you try it on Windows XP?

tomos:
The description for RE says it works on Windows 7. Did you try it on Windows XP?
-flowergardener (February 14, 2017, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I kind of doubt it would also work on XP (if designed for Win 7 upwards)
Did you see mouser's post?

is it running but not showing in tray, or not running at all?
-mouser (February 14, 2017, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version