ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help! My Firefox has lost Bookmarks Menu + the bookmarks!

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
@MilesAhead^^yes, I am using CTR. For the sake of the case, I have just tried to remove it - reinstall it, click "restore default", uninstall it completely, reinstall it, change a lot of settings - but all to no avail, regarding the case of the missing Bookmarks Menu.

@Shades. Right now my pulse is a lot slower than six hours ago. I have Windows and all software programs on my Solid State C:Drive, but only a few documents. Every media files are on an external D-drive. So I will adapt the attitude that it all will go okay, no reason to panic. So far I have lost nothing - except that infamous Bookmarks Menu - so I will create a new backup (of add-ons and bookmarks) and totally remove Firefox, so I can start all over.

Any hardware related solution will have to wait until Christmas is over...

tomos:
Any hardware related solution will have to wait until Christmas is over...
-Curt (February 07, 2017, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
that last Christmas or next :)

Deozaan:
Dear Reader, Do 'you' have a Firefox > Titelbar > Bookmarks > Bookmarks Menu ?  :tellme:  I  don't!
-Curt (February 07, 2017, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is what I have in Firefox 51.0.1:

I don't really know what the Bookmarks Menu is supposed to be or look like, since I don't really use bookmarks at all in Firefox. When I open all bookmarks (Ctrl+Shift+B) I do see a menu item called Bookmarks Menu but it just shows a list of bookmarks, not unlike the Bookmarks Toolbar. So I'm not really sure what the difference is. I guess the menu is what shows up when you click the Star | Clipboard icon?

If you want the Bookmarks Sidebar to show up, click on the clipboard side of the Star | Clipboard icon then click on View Bookmarks Sidebar.

If you want the Bookmarks Toolbar to show up underneath the address bar, click the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines near the top-right corner) and then click Customize. Then select the Show / Hide Toolbars dropdown near the bottom left, and enable Bookmarks Toolbar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version