ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

C Users Journal Nostalgia

<< < (3/3)

xtabber:
Cleaning out some shelves and found C/C++ Users Journal CD8,  covering January 1990 through December 2004.  Your articles are there, as is the source code for them. I'd be happy to send it to you, if you'd like it.

I also found that I had years ago ripped an ISO image of an even earlier CUG CD, and that, in turn, led to my finding this web site.  I'm amazed that it is still online and (more or less) live.

MilesAhead:
Cleaning out some shelves and found C/C++ Users Journal CD8,  covering January 1990 through December 2004.  Your articles are there, as is the source code for them. I'd be happy to send it to you, if you'd like it.
-xtabber (February 04, 2017, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's very cool.  Thank you.  I'll PM you.   :Thmbsup:

I also found that I had years ago ripped an ISO image of an even earlier CUG CD, and that, in turn, led to my finding this web site.  I'm amazed that it is still online and (more or less) live.

--- End quote ---

Nice find.  I had a couple of things on the CUG.  Nothing much.  But back then any way of doing something common in C was considered worth sharing.  The library wasn't standardized yet. So a lot of the stuff was just mundane like how to copy a file in straight C etc..  But it is interesting the site still functions.  I had that CD too back in the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version