ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what are you now using instead of Outpost?

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
All I use next to Windows 10 Defender is: Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET)-jNizM (January 10, 2017, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
End of Life Statement
We have listened to customers' feedback regarding the January 27, 2017 end of life date for EMET and we are pleased to announce that the end of life date is being extended 18 months. The new end of life date is July 31, 2018. There are no plans to offer support or security patching for EMET after July 31, 2018. For improved security, we recommend that customers migrate to the latest version of Windows 10.-microsoft
--- End quote ---
EMET 5.5x also supports Windows 10 (versions 1507, 1511 and 1607).-microsoft
--- End quote ---

-the text makes me think that some of the EMET tech already is part of Win 10

jNizM:
Yes, they try to implement more and more from EMET into Windows 10, but atm. there are many security features still missing in win10.

Innuendo:
Count me in with the ones who use Windows Defender with MBAM. If one's chosen OS is Windows there are too many attack vectors today with modern malware to run without security software installed.

I miss the good ole days when pretty much all one had to do was watch for .com and .scr files. :(

jNizM:
Former Mozilla Engineer: Disable Your Antivirus Software, Except Microsoft's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version