ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Text editor - macro - multiple regex find and replaces

<< < (3/4) > >>

dcwul62:
Notetab - no macro as far as I can see.
After installation, looking around for macro features, then closing and relaunching, the trial period is over
and one is sent to the Purchase website. ha!

=

Tuxman:
Then there are a lot of other editors like BBEdit, Sublime Text, Atom, etc. but those are focused on writing code, which is not for me.
-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sublime Text is not focused on writing code.

Shades:
Another piece of software you could try: RJ TextEd

It is offered as freeware and looks to have a simple enough macro recorder. Looks like this editor has a lot of extra options, besides text-editing. I have used to search-replace content in really big text files and it does this very, very well.

rjbull:
Notetab - no macro as far as I can see.-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I should have been clearer.  It doesn't have "watch my fingers, record and repeat" macros.  Instead it has a macro programming language, what they call a clipbook.  That is, you have to write code.  In the attached screenshot, the tabs along the bottom of the editing window are some of the different clipbooks Notetab Light ships with.  The narrow pane at the left is the contents of the selected clipbook.  Toggle that pane on/off with F4.

After installation, looking around for macro features, then closing and relaunching, the trial period is over and one is sent to the Purchase website. ha!-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't have expected that.  Still, save yourself some money and try out the Light version.  You can download it here.  I used it for the screenshot to show it has the clipbook system, though I'm told its engine works a bit differently than Notetab Pro.  Apart from the Help file, the best place to get help on the Notetab editors is the three Yahoo! Groups for beginners, clips, and scripts, of which clips is by far the most popular.

Text editor - macro - multiple regex find and replaces

wraith808:
Then there are a lot of other editors like BBEdit, Sublime Text, Atom, etc. but those are focused on writing code, which is not for me.
-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sublime Text is not focused on writing code.
-Tuxman (January 25, 2017, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Many people use it for that (including me), but it's not focused on that.  In fact, I also use it for writing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version