ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android book reader (thinking Moon+)

<< < (4/4)

xtabber:
I have Moon+ Pro on both tablet and phone now.  I have the shelf loaded.  But I still don't see the setting to sync bookmarks across devices.
-MilesAhead (January 30, 2017, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't believe Moon+ Pro can sync anything other than the current location in a book.  The only way provided to move highlights, notes and bookmarks between devices is to export settings on one device and import the export save file on the second device.  See their FAQ for details.

I use Moon+ Pro for hard-to-read epub books because it easily handles large or poorly structured epubs that other readers choke on, but my regular epub reader on Android is Bookari Premium, which has better navigation, bookmarking and annotation capabilities.  Bookari is also my pdf reader of choice on Android.

Bookari has subscription plans that allow users to sync between multiple devices through their own servers.  A free account will only sync current location in a book between two devices, but their paid plans, which start at $10/year, allow you to sync everything between multiple devices, export notes, and more. 

Some years ago, when Bookari was called Mantano Reader, I tried their online service briefly but it didn't offer enough at the time that I wanted to subscribe. It looks like they have greatly improved it since then, and I'm considering trying it again.

As an aside, the method used by Moon+ Pro for loading epubs in chunks is great for reading on a phone because it allows for continuous scrolling through a chapter, but less useful on a tablet, where I do most of my reading. It also makes it hard to find your place in a book if you switch devices or readers, because it does not display epub page numbers (NOT the same as print book page numbers).

MilesAhead:
@xtabber thanks for the info.  I see what you mean about not syncing the library.  But I do have it so that it will sync the last reading position at any rate.  It seems like the tablet will be OK for reading.  Phone would be last resort.  But I had room on the 32 GB micro sd card so I figured I might as wall put all the books on.  :)

brahman:
I hardly use my tablet any more for reading or anything else for that matter since I bought the Xiaomi Mi Max phone with 6.44 inch screen.

Before buying I actually researched quite well if it will be too heavy and big for me, and I was surprised when I got it, how thin it is.

Here is the pocket test video for the Mi Max:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG7eaBaFeA8

Moon+ works really well with that phone, since you can switch on the turn page on tilt function, and then simply tilt the phone a bit and the next page will come up.

MilesAhead:
^^  Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version