ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Protocol links?

(1/5) > >>

aloishammer:
Can FARR2 support—or does it support—opening special "protocol" links?

In addition to LNK files with http:// or https:// shortcuts, many systems have various other protocols registered. Steam, for instance, as in the game platform. In its current configuration, I can't get FARR2 to match Steam links, and I'm not sure how to change that. Including a screenshot of a sample Steam shortcut to illustrate the kind of LNK I'm trying to get FARR2 to launch.

EDIT: Sorry, this is actually a .URL file. I have .URL files included in searches, and I have specific paths containing Steam URL shortcuts ( %MYSTARTMENU%, %COMMONSTARTMENU% ) switched on. I'm not sure what else (if anything) to add.

Protocol links?

wraith808:
You might use the Steam URL Converter, and place those URLs in a folder, and add that folder to the FARR search folder list.

aloishammer:
You might use the Steam URL Converter, and place those URLs in a folder, and add that folder to the FARR search folder list.
-wraith808 (January 15, 2017, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
That was fast. Thanks! I was sure someone else must have tried to do this, but board searches and Google custom searches weren't finding any topics, somehow.

aloishammer:
-wraith808 (January 15, 2017, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the plugin doesn't seem to work. It's not listed in FARR2's interface; although it does appear in DCUpdater. When I type a sample search ("left4") into FARR2, I do see the Left 4 Dead 2 binary as the first search result, but it's just a bare EXE. It doesn't have the actual link title ("Left 4 Dead 2"), and none of the custom launch options I've set in Steam are being passed, so far as I can tell.

wraith808:
You'll have to use the program to create the links, and put them into the folder.  Then, update the search folders setting to point to whatever folder you store the resulting links in.  It's not a FARR plugin, but rather something that creates true links out of steam links.  Then you can put them anywhere, and they act as normal links, i.e. findable by FARR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version