ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Windows Update Controller

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
That's really odd that the MS gui does not seem to be reading the current registry values... Microsoft never makes things easy do they..  :mad:

f0dder:
Overall I really like Windows 10 (and it has some nice security and performance things under the hood!) - but Microsoft does seem hell-bent on enforcing a couple of things in ways I really don't like (telemetry, forced windows updates + boots).

I'll be kinda surprised if you get it to respect registry values!

wraith808:
Overall I really like Windows 10 (and it has some nice security and performance things under the hood!) - but Microsoft does seem hell-bent on enforcing a couple of things in ways I really don't like (telemetry, forced windows updates + boots).

I'll be kinda surprised if you get it to respect registry values!
-f0dder (January 03, 2017, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

The thing is... it was.  And it was working for a *lot* of people.  My program was even working.  So much so, that when I asked the question on the ten forums, they scoffed.  Then someone looked at the issue on a VM, and noticed that it no longer updated in the interface.  I think that they patched that particular back door to get around active hours out of existence, and did it quickly from th evidence that's left.  :(

Im still trying to work it oput, but it's honestly academic at this point, rather than me having any illusions this is going to turn out well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version