ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question re/ future software project

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hello and a happy new year!

For a future software project around data entry and basic file edits, I'm pondering what would be a good solution for these requirements:

- should work for Windows+Apple, maybe even for Android
  (So my first thought was a browser-based solution might work...)

- users should be able to use it offline [syncing data when being online again later]
  (...but then I read that Chrome can only handle a relatively small cache for web apps, not a few 100 MB)

I won't be coding this myself, at the moment I only need some general ideas of how to set something like this up. How would you approach something like this?

Ath:
Have a look at Xamarin (Microsoft-owned these days). It's multi-platform-mobile mostly plus Windows Universal apps (but not mac, afaics) with up to 95% shared code, and does support sqlite3 databases and internet connection for data-syncing (ofcourse). Programming is done in C#.
Using it for my NANY 2017 entry 8)

wraith808:
Have a look at Xamarin (Microsoft-owned these days). It's multi-platform-mobile mostly plus Windows Universal apps (but not mac, afaics) with up to 95% shared code, and does support sqlite3 databases and internet connection for data-syncing (ofcourse). Programming is done in C#.
Using it for my NANY 2017 entry 8)
-Ath (January 04, 2017, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
How was that?  Using Xamarin for your entry?

brotherS:
Thanks Ath, that looks promising!

On https://www.xamarin.com/platform they say "With C# and Visual Studio, you can share the same code on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and more."

Ath:
I probably stopped reading after iOs, Android, Windows and looked only for the download button ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version