ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

New Year, New Question!

<< < (2/2)

dglp:
Hi all,
sorry for the delay in replying - I hadn't set up the reply notificaiton option.
Will look at links now and report back.

For clarification, the Windows Explorer tabs are open on my taskbar, and are all the same pale yellow icon. That icon doesn't change even if I use the above-mentioned option.

dglp:
Would this How-To Geek link (Windows 7 oriented) be helpful?
Or a TenForums thread with a similar gist for Windows 10.
-Ath (January 04, 2017, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. It looks like it might do the job - though it seems to involve some fairly fiddly setup; perhaps changing themes, and so on.

dglp:
If I've got 6 folders open I'd like to color-code, number, or iconify each one for easy recognition.-dglp (January 04, 2017, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, right-click the folder, choose the "Customize" tab, and click the "Change Icon..." button.
-skwire (January 04, 2017, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I did do that originally, and it works for some displays, not not on the taskbar.
I also tried the shortcut method, where I send a shortcut to the taskbar, and change the shortcut properties.
The display within Explorer accepts the change, but the taskbar stubbornly remains with the original icon.

dglp:
do you mean: the folders you happen to have open at the moment, in different Explorer windows?
-tomos (January 04, 2017, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. I have pinned several folders to the taskbar, and keep them open permanently.

dglp:
hello dglp,
wouldn't it be a lot easier to use Taskbar thumbnail previews? I think it will, because I don't think what you are asking for, is possible!

enable / disable thumbnail previews:

https://superuser.com/questions/202843/how-to-disable-windows-7-taskbar-thumbnails-preview
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52265-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-enable-disable.html

-Curt (January 04, 2017, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for this.
These methods may work - though as noted above, they look pretty long-winded.
One thing that is an improvement though is the 7TT app mentioned in superuser.com. Choosing the 'text only' display is an improvement over showing the thumbnail display. While it doesn't identify each folder at a glance, it is much easier than clicking on each tab to see the contents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version