ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017 Release: sLyrics

(1/5) > >>

skwire:
NANY 2017 Entry Information
Application Name sLyrics Supported OSes Windows 7/8/10 (Probably works, but not tested, on Windows XP/Vista) Web Page Website Download Link Download Author Jody Holmes (Skwire Empire)
Description
Lyric app using the ChartLyrics API from the ChartLyrics website.

Screenshots

1. NANY 2017 Release: sLyrics 2. NANY 2017 Release: sLyrics

3. NANY 2017 Release: sLyrics

Usage
Installation
Download the zip file and extract its contents into a new folder.  Run sLyrics.exe to start the application.

Uninstallation
Exit the application and delete the folder you unzipped it to.

skwire:
Unfortunately, at this time, it appears that the ChartLyrics website is down.  It was up a few days ago so, hopefully, it comes back up in a few days and you can actually use this application.

skwire:
I've uploaded v1.0.2 with better startup checking for Windows 10. The ChartLyrics site still isn't up at the time of this post but at least sLyrics shouldn't go unresponsive now. I'm pretty frustrated that the ChartLyrics website went unreachable after developing this app. The site has been flakey in the past, but not to this extent. If anybody knows of another free lyrics site with a free API, feel free to let me know.

Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2017-01-02
    * Better ChartLyrics.com API checking at startup.  (Thanks, joby_toss)

tomos:
I've uploaded v1.0.2 with better startup checking for Windows 10. The ChartLyrics site still isn't up at the time of this post but at least sLyrics shouldn't go unresponsive now. I'm pretty frustrated that the ChartLyrics website went unreachable after developing this app. The site has been flakey in the past, but not to this extent. If anybody knows of another free lyrics site with a free API, feel free to let me know.

Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2017-01-02
    * Better ChartLyrics.com API checking at startup.  (Thanks, joby_toss)
-skwire (January 02, 2017, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

still no joy, pity :-(

skwire:
still no joy, pity :-(-tomos (January 04, 2017, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it is.  It wasn't the most complete lyrics site around but the API was easy to use and free to access.  The app works quite nicely, too, when the site is available.  I am keeping my eye on the site, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version