ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: Oplop for Windows

<< < (3/4) > >>

trm2:
Avast is flagging the exe as malware.  Won't allow download unless disabled.
submitted to Virus total.com  - bad report - all major virus scans report malware 27 out of 57.
Normally I would have thought it to be a false positive but that many?  I would suggest that you re-examine the binary.

helmar:
Thank you for looking at the program - I do appreciate that.

Avast is flagging the exe as malware.  Won't allow download unless disabled.
submitted to Virus total.com  - bad report - all major virus scans report malware 27 out of 57.
Normally I would have thought it to be a false positive but that many?  I would suggest that you re-examine the binary.
-trm2 (February 09, 2017, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a false positive due to it being coded in AutoIT and since the actual EXE (Oplop4Win.exe) was falsely flagged by Bit9 (my company runs Bit9 and, after detecting it newly installed on my PC, submitted the EXE for review, Bit9 falsely flagged the AutoIT-ness of it, and then gave the name / checksum of the file a bad rating).  I myself have had to resort to running the script via AutoIT.

I would welcome any help to educate these vendors that this is not malware - don't know how to do that.

Deozaan:
For what it's worth, Windows Defender gives it a pass.

But indeed, quite a few (5/18) flags on Jotti as well: https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/7dg9smisfe

If in doubt, download the source from the original post and compile it yourself in AutoIT after verifying its safety.

KynloStephen66515:
I'd be inclined to suggest the EXE is removed from the download list until it can be sorted (but of course keeping the code available).

Don't take that as me accusing the file/OP as being of malicious intent, rather take it as me being worried about the potential for damage caused by Google picking up on those flags, and then flagging DC as a host of malicious software (and then the implications that having a website flagged as such would come with).

Just my and feel free to ignore me xD

mouser:
Yeah I think we have to remove the EXE with so many flags even if they are false positives, just because the site will start to get marked as dangerous.  But the source code download is what people probably want anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version