ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Drop file to rename it according to list of names

(1/4) > >>

kilele:
Hi all,
How could I do the following?
I have a folder with files and a text file with a list of names (actually it's a spreadsheet with two columns)
What I'd want to do is to drag and drop each file to a listbox so it gets renamed

tomos:
Hi all,
How could I do the following?
I have a folder with files and a text file with a list of names (actually it's a spreadsheet with two columns)
What I'd want to do is to drag and drop each file to a listbox so it gets renamed
-kilele (December 22, 2016, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had to rename a bunch of files using a text list just this week.
Used Oscar's Renamer after a 2006 (!) recommendation here on dc.
it isnt in development, but is still being sold :down:
I used the trial -- it worked on Windows 7 x64
it was very fussy: wouldn't work for a while, I think possibly because of an extra carriage return at the bottom of the list of new names. But it did work in the end.

Also found a couple of sites showing how to do it using spreadsheet (and?). Can check my desktop history later and post link/s.

kilele:
Thanks, I'll see if Oscar's Renamer works for me.
The problem is that new names and current ones are quite different and unrelated that's why I asked for a way to drag the file onto the list, since there is a column with descriptions so I can visually tell which file corresponds to the new name

tomos:
Thanks, I'll see if Oscar's Renamer works for me.
The problem is that new names and current ones are quite different and unrelated that's why I asked for a way to drag the file onto the list, since there is a column with descriptions so I can visually tell which file corresponds to the new name
-kilele (December 22, 2016, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll add a +1 to your request, would be very helpful to be able to do something like that

kilele:
Hi tomos. I can't see in OscarĀ“s Renamer how to rearrange files on the left panel to match the text lines from the right panel.
What I had in mind is something like one of those worksheets for children where they have to match figures on the left column to the related ones on the right by drawing a line :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version