ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

desktop shortcut to execute a keyboard shortcut

<< < (2/2)

Steven Avery:
WinSendKey has many parameters and a lot to read.

Can you tell me simply the cmd for something like.. eg. exexcute Alt-Ctrl-T
[ winsendkey -yada -yada ] - this winsendkey cmd I will call in a shortcut.

This would be "show today" group. While Alt-Shift-T would be "hide today" group (I'm never going to use them as keystrokes in daily use, only in a shortcut icon).  PNote was criticized in one review, Ghacks, for aggressively letting you take a global hot key, it was a strange critique, anyway here it is a plus.  I am planning to have about 10 show-hide icons for five group-sets. (My five note desktops.)  That also leads to the question as to alternate launching methods rather than 10 icons for the 10 shortcuts.

Although theoretically WinSendKey could change the "focus"?  Make the key internal to an app by first calling the .exe? Is that possible. Understanding that the app itself will not take the command as a parameter. It does not matter on PNote since all keys are global, that tends to be the sticky way.

Steven

Ath:
Can you tell me simply the cmd for something like.. eg. exexcute Alt-Ctrl-T
[ winsendkey -yada -yada ] - this winsendkey cmd I will call in a shortcut.
-Steven Avery (December 06, 2016, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would be something like:

--- ---"full\path\to\WinSendKeys" ^!t -w "<(partial)window title>" [-x "full path to application exe" [-xp "parameters to exe"]]
Breakdown:

* "full\path\to\WinSendKeys" : Specify the WinSendKeys executable path and name
* ^!t : The keystrokes to send <ctrl><alt>-T
* -w "<(partial)window title>" : Usually the application name part in the title of the window, the most recently used is selected when multiple matches are found
* -x "full path to application exe" : The executable to start if the window title for -w is not found (optional)
* -xp "parameters to exe" : Any parameters to pass to the executable specified with -x (optional)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version