ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Folder Sorter by IMDB genre / ratings

(1/2) > >>

trxtrx:
Hello,

first of all, hello to all of you!

i am here because i am in need of some tools to help me out in my sorting things...

I need to sort several movies folder names by genre.

the name of the folders are like this.

Jeremy.Clarkson.Thriller.DVDRip.XviD-HAGGiS

so, the app should read the folder name, identify the movie name Jeremy Clarkson Thriller and move or create a symbolic link into a Sorted/Genre folder.

Not sure if i was explicit, feel free to ask.

i may need to add other options into the application.

Feel free to email me or pm me. I am willing to pay for this :)

thank you

skrommel:
SortMoviesByGenre creates links to movies, placing them in folders of genre, based on parts of their filename. :)

Folder Sorter by IMDB genre / ratings

I'm not sure how standardized your foldernames are. I added an option to separate the title and genre from the rest of the folder name by a user defines text, but maybe separating by genre would be better? I could add all the IMDB genres to the file, and use that to split the folder names.

Download and install AutoHotkey to run the script.
Save the script to a text file called SortMoviesByGenre.ahk and double click to run.

Skrommel

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;SortMoviesByGenre.ahk; Create links to movies, placing them in folders of genre, based on parts of their filename;Skrommel @2017 #SingleInstance,Force#NoEnvSetBatchLines,0 IniRead,moviefolder,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,moviefolderIniRead,sortedfolder,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,sortedfolderIniRead,separator,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,separatorIf moviefolder=ERROR  moviefolder=C:\MoviesIf sortedfolder=ERROR  sortedfolder=C:\SortedIf separator=ERROR  separator=.DVD,.CAM,.XVID Gui,Add,Text,xm,Folder with moviesGui,Add,Edit,xm w300 vmoviefolder,% moviefolderGui,Add,Button,x+5 w50 GBROWSEMOVIE,&BrowseGui,Add,Text,xm,Folder to put links sorted by genre intoGui,Add,Edit,xm w300 vsortedfolder,% sortedfolderGui,Add,Button,x+5 w50 GBROWSESORTED,B&rowseGui,Add,Text,xm,Text separating title and genre from the rest of the name.`nUse , between separatorsGui,Add,Edit,xm w300 vseparator,% separatorGui,Add,Button,xm w50 GSORT +Default,&SortGui,Add,StatusBar,,Skrommel @ 2017Gui,Show,,SortMoviesByGenreReturn  BROWSEMOVIE:Loop{  FileSelectFolder,newmoviefolder,% "*" moviefolder,3,Select folder with movies  If ErrorLevel=1    Return  IfExist,% newmoviefolder    Break  MsgBox,% "The movie folder could not be found!"}GuiControl,,moviefolder,% newmoviefolderReturn  BROWSESORTED:Loop{  FileSelectFolder,newsortedfolder,% "*" sortedfolder,3,Select folder with movies  If ErrorLevel=1    Return  IfExist,% newsortedfolder    Break  MsgBox,% "The sorted folder could not be found!"}GuiControl,,sortedfolder,% newsortedfolderReturn  SORT:Gui,Submit,NoHideIfNotExist,% moviefolder{  MsgBox,% "The movie folder could not be found!"  Return} IniWrite,% moviefolder,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,moviefolderIniWrite,% sortedfolder,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,sortedfolderIniWrite,% separator,SortMoviesByGenre.ini,Settings,separator SB_SetText("Sorting moivies into " sortedfolder "...")Loop,% moviefolder "\*.*",2,0{  first=999                                           ;Extract title and genre  Loop,Parse,separator,`,  {    StringGetPos,pos,A_LoopFileName,% A_LoopField    If (pos>0 And pos<first)      first:=pos  }  StringLeft,titlegenre,A_LoopFileName,% first   StringSplit,part_,titlegenre,`.                     ;Extract genre  genre:=part_%part_0%    title=                                              ;Extract title  Loop,% part_0-1    title:=title part_%A_Index% " "  title=% title   FileCreateDir,% sortedfolder "\" genre                ;Create link  FileCreateShortcut,% A_LoopFileLongPath,% sortedfolder "\" genre "\" title ".lnk"}SB_SetText("Finished sorting movies into " sortedfolder)Return  GuiClose:ExitApp

mouser:
Wait.. what just happened?  :huh:

IainB:
Maybe @skrommel responded to the OP through a wormhole in the space-time continuum, or som'at.
It's a funny old world.

tomos:
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version