ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes 3.0 out

<< < (8/10) > >>

Curt:
is there any chance (risk) it could be because of the overwhelming number of security updates (approx 60) for Microsoft Office 2010 that came a couple of days ago? I know my Waterfox turned from good to bad at that exact point in time, while my Firefox stayed okay.

4wd:
If it worked for you though, then it should work for me (OTBE), so I may have made a mistake somewhere.
-IainB (September 16, 2017, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Haven't actually installed it yet so I can't say whether redirecting TEMP back to a physical drive has fixed the problem. Plus I'll have the same problem whenever they issue an update.
From their answer to me it seems like this issue has only just been highlighted and that a fix may be coming in a future update.

I'll leave it a couple of weeks before I have another look.

IainB:
is there any chance (risk) it could be because of the overwhelming number of security updates (approx 60) for Microsoft Office 2010 that came a couple of days ago? I know my Waterfox turned from good to bad at that exact point in time, while my Firefox stayed okay.
-Curt (September 16, 2017, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
My 1st experience of this problem was about 6 months ago, since when there have been several MS Office updates and some Win10 major updates, so I suspect an MS Office update would be unlikely to be a main causal factor of the problem, though I suppose it could have been ancillary to it at some stage. We'll likely never know. The developers at Malwarebytes don't seem to know what is causing it, anyway.

4wd:
is there any chance (risk) it could be because of the overwhelming number of security updates (approx 60) for Microsoft Office 2010 that came a couple of days ago?-Curt (September 16, 2017, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

And considering I don't have Office, it's very unlikely.

.... the reports clearly gave no useful information that would help in problem analysis/resolution.-IainB (September 16, 2017, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

In my case it did as they picked out the RAMdisk driver.

tomos:
Was thinking of taking the jump
(my install is 1.70.0.1100 -- what can I say :-\ it doesnt auto-update nor even prompt)

Malwarebytes 3.0 out

4wd, wondering what the exact number of the file you installed was?
You can see there what they now offering -- I'm presuming they've updated it since, but cannot find release notes on their site

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version