ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes 3.0 out

<< < (7/10) > >>

IainB:
Yes, that error is seriously annoying.
Malwarebytes support forum people seem to have no idea as to what causes it either. All they do is feebly tell you stock answer No. 25 - to run some invasive software that looks all over your system and then you send them the resulting report(s).
Like that's going to happen.

I am fed up to the back teeth with it - had enough - and am currently investigating potential alternatives to MBAM.

Shades:
I am fed up to the back teeth with it - had enough - and am currently investigating potential alternatives to MBAM.
-IainB (September 15, 2017, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

JRT, rKill and ADWcleaner, that is the trifecta I always use to get rid of malware on a infected Windows PC.

wraith808:
-IainB (September 15, 2017, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

JRT, rKill and ADWcleaner, that is the trifecta I always use to get rid of malware on a infected Windows PC.
-Shades (September 15, 2017, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is before, rather than after.  I'd rather not get the malware, than get infected and clean it.

4wd:
Yes, that error is seriously annoying.
Malwarebytes support forum people seem to have no idea as to what causes it either. All they do is feebly tell you stock answer No. 25 - to run some invasive software that looks all over your system and then you send them the resulting report(s).
Like that's going to happen.-IainB (September 15, 2017, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

FRST, I've run it, looked over the output, removed a couple of lines that would have no bearing on MBAM installation (programs that have no services and leave no trace outside their dir tree), and sent it to them.  Rest of the output is fairly standard for any system.
Never heard back from them last year, don't expect to hear back from them this year.

Instead of asking you to send stuff it would be more helpful to tell you what could be the cause of the install failing at that particular point.

eg. Is it because their installer is badly written and can't cope with running from an exFAT RAM drive?

ADDENDUM: Well there you go, thought I'd check the forum for a reply and guess what, my example is correct. MBAM can't cope with being installed from a RAM drive. Sheesh, why couldn't they mention this last year?

IainB:
@4wd:
Very interesting. Thanks for your comments above.
Same as you, I ran the invasive analysis software and looked over the reports, and then realised that I could censor/redact the confidential bits before sending the reports to the Malwarebytes forum, but then I decided NOT to send the reports anyway as I could see that - with or without the confidential bits - the reports clearly gave no useful information that would help in problem analysis/resolution. So Malwarebytes were just jerking the users around.

Also, same as you, I went back (last time was a while ago though) to see if there were any developments on the problem resolution. There was zilch.
Oddly enough, I did actually play around with my RAM disc in temp, wondering whether that might be the causal problem - because it had been a known (avoidable) problem in the scripts that install/start up Google Drive. However, I still couldn't get the MBAM installer to work. Tried again last week.
Hmm...odd. If it worked for you though, then it should work for me (OTBE), so I may have made a mistake somewhere. Shall re-check today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version