ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cursor over image makes image blank out...why?

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
Ctrl+Shift+A will show your addons in PaleMoon.

FWIW, videos not playing smoothly could also be related to your internet connection.

IainB:
@holt: If the symptoms only occur when in a browser, then the cause would presumably/probably be in either a feature of the browser (but I have never seen such a feature as that as a default feature of a browser) or (and more likely) a feature of an extension/add-on.
Given that PaleMoon is a Mozilla-derived browser and SeaMonkey grew from the Mozilla Application Suite, I would suspect that a common extension/add-on (one that you are using in both browsers) is producing the symptoms - by design rather than by accident (i.e., it is probably not a bug).

What you should probably do is look through the extensions/add-ons and their settings in one of the browsers, to see if you can spot the likely culprit.
If that doesn't throw up any suspects, then try a process of elimination:

* Disable (do not delete) half of the extensions/add-ons in that browser.
* If the symptoms persist after you have restarted the browser, then re-enable the previously-disabled extensions/add-ons, and disable the other half.
* On restarting, the symptoms should have gone away.
* When the symptoms have gone away, you then re-enable the disabled extensions/add-ons, a few at a time, restarting the browser each time and checking to see if the symptoms have returned.
* When the symptoms do return (as they must, eventually), then the last few you re-enabled, as a set, must contain the problem, so you then disable all but the first in that set, restart the browser and keep that up- re-enabling them one at a time - until you identify the single problem extension/add-on that produces the symptoms.
Tedious, but pragmatic and it should eventually identify the causal problem extension/add-on.

Hope that all makes sense and is of use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version