ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cursor over image makes image blank out...why?

(1/2) > >>

holt:
This never used to happen up until a few years ago. But more and more nowadays, whenever I hover my mouse cursor over a picture, the picture goes blank and is replaced by the size -such as for example '1300 x 957'- and reappears when I move the cursor away again. If it is an anti-copying or anti-copyright infringement feature, it sucks because I can still copy and paste it just as easy. All it accomplishes to me is to boost the annoyance factor. So anyways, why do they do that?

tomos:
with which software? and OS info might be helpful

Shades:
To me it sounds like you are using a browser, with particular add-on installed, that makes this happen. Add-on specifically intended for web-design might be configured in such a way that you see information about the image instead of the image when hovering over an image. Helpful for a web-designer, not so much for a user interested in only the content.

Unless you give us much more specific details about what you were doing and with what, every comment/suggestion/possible cause you read in this thread will be like trying to hit a flying bat in a pitch dark room...

hpearce:
Firefox has an addon that let's you resize a displayed image by dragging the cursor across the image to decrease  or increase the resolution.

Doing it correctly the first time plays a big role in whether the image goes blank. Then you have to refresh.

holt:
Thank you for the sugs. Lemme see...(mumble mumble). Here's some of the info...
OS is WinXP on a Celeron 4; a little slow but not as bad as all that...I can play back vids from YT smoothly but only if I download them first and play them back on VLC. I realize how pathetic that sounds, but it is better than nothing and almost never freezes up or crashes.
The vanishing pix problem shows in both Pale Moon & SeaMonkey in Duckduckgo; I never use Google and it always rejects me anyways.
Problem also appears on various or random web pages.
I have very few add-ons to the above two browsers; the machine is a freebie hand-me-down, so that could mean something installed by previous owner (a relative).
So IOW, you're saying you don't experience this problem yourselves, and/or it is unique to my machine. Well that's something worth knowing anyways; I thought everyone was getting it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version