ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro 50% off at BDJ

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
Tomos - I had to use Internet Explorer to get the link to work. Then I washed my hands. :P
-x16wda (December 04, 2016, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmm, thanks, unfortunately didnt work in IE, FF or PaleMoon here...
Never mind, got it working [user error :-[ ]

tomos:
Never mind, got it working [user error :-[ ]
-tomos (December 04, 2016, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's one of those nights:
got the paypal button working, but now BDJ are insisting I give their password, with no option for reporting lost password.
Just ignore me ;-)

I give up -- I dont remember this being so difficult before (I've no login info in lastpass for BDJ), but it's late and I tired, and their 'or' choices are confusing.

mwb1100:
Anyone with expereince of P2V:
would I be able to create an image of my current install (Windows 7) and add it as a virtual machine to another machine, say when I move to a new one, say with Windows 10?
-tomos (December 04, 2016, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was long enough ago that I'm not sure what Windows versions were involved (though I can guarantee that the new host for the VM was not Win 8 or newer), so I'm not sure how relevant my experience would be today.  But I did this kind of thing and it worked well enough.  I think the machine I turned into a VM was a WinXP machine.  I am sure it didn't have GPT partitions, just MBR partitions.

Again - it was long enough ago that I wouldn't feel right saying you'll have no problems. But it did work for me.

I'm sure that it goes without saying that you should not decommission the old machine until you've verified that things are working...

tomos:
Anyone with expereince of P2V:
would I be able to create an image of my current install (Windows 7) and add it as a virtual machine to another machine, say when I move to a new one, say with Windows 10?
-tomos (December 04, 2016, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was long enough ago that I'm not sure what Windows versions were involved (though I can guarantee that the new host for the VM was not Win 8 or newer), so I'm not sure how relevant my experience would be today.  But I did this kind of thing and it worked well enough.  I think the machine I turned into a VM was a WinXP machine.  I am sure it didn't have GPT partitions, just MBR partitions.

Again - it was long enough ago that I wouldn't feel right saying you'll have no problems. But it did work for me.

I'm sure that it goes without saying that you should not decommission the old machine until you've verified that things are working...-mwb1100 (December 04, 2016, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I invested in the end:
machine getting older, windows 7 still running very well though, with some very old software. So the P2V might be worth a try at some stage.

4wd:
Probably means a new version is about to come, usually happens just outside the 3 month free upgrade period they give  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version