ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

[free] Delphi 10.1 Berlin Starter Edition

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
I have a recent Pro edition of Visual Studio but I cannot feature xaml. -MilesAhead (November 30, 2016, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not a fan of XAML either. But you can do a forms based project in VS that will give you the drag and drop components option. The last few project I've done were all in C# using a forms project (using the free VS Community Edition), and it's surprisingly easy to work with.

wraith808:
I have a recent Pro edition of Visual Studio but I cannot feature xaml. -MilesAhead (November 30, 2016, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not a fan of XAML either. But you can do a forms based project in VS that will give you the drag and drop components option. The last few project I've done were all in C# using a forms project (using the free VS Community Edition), and it's surprisingly easy to work with.

-Stoic Joker (December 01, 2016, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
At some point, if I use drag and drop components, the ordering and such gets really messed up- which is the reason I stopped using it other than as a reference to how the form looks.  And when you're dealing with it from a programmatic standpoint, figuring out focus and such becomes a nightmare!

hamradio:
Nice find and not to hijack topic but it appears also goes for C++Builder as I tried replacing delphi with cbuilder and it works...

https://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder/starter/promotional-download

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (December 01, 2016, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
At some point, if I use drag and drop components, the ordering and such gets really messed up- which is the reason I stopped using it other than as a reference to how the form looks.  And when you're dealing with it from a programmatic standpoint, figuring out focus and such becomes a nightmare!
-wraith808 (December 01, 2016, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

True, but I usually just edit the file that says 'never edit this file' to get the tab order to cooperate. Risky...but I'm used to doing it that way from the old .rc files.

MilesAhead:
True, but I usually just edit the file that says 'never edit this file' to get the tab order to cooperate. Risky...but I'm used to doing it that way from the old .rc files.

-Stoic Joker (December 01, 2016, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes!!  Next thing you'll be telling me you remove the tags from your mattresses!  :)
Probably they tell you not to edit that file because that's the easiest way to get things working the way you want.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version