ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (14/16) > >>

kalos:
I got told by these ridiculous people from JDownloader, that actually the adware downloaded is different for each user! Depending on its system, region, etc!

So has anyone figured out what the virus is and how to get rid of it?
It still messes up my Firefox Google results with fake results.

wraith808:
Why don't you ask them if you're already in contact with them...?

tomos:
I got told by these ridiculous people from JDownloader, that actually the adware downloaded is different for each user! Depending on its system, region, etc!

So has anyone figured out what the virus is and how to get rid of it?
It still messes up my Firefox Google results with fake results.
-kalos (April 28, 2018, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

if you still have the original download, you could try resinstalling it, but this time look closely at whatever is ticked to install with it (and untick them and/or interrupt the install). I presume it's open candy, so everything should be visible. Or do what wraith says.

kalos:
Why don't you ask them if you're already in contact with them...?
-wraith808 (April 28, 2018, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

They said they don't know because another company bundles the adware and it's chosen depending on the user.

Has anyone figured out where the downloads of the JDownloader installer end up? Which folder? I may be lucky that they are still there.

kalos:
I tried some more installations of this hideous JDownloader and some times it creates an entry in Add/Remove Programs called 'BingSearchby...' something.
Unfortunately I couldn't write down the exact name. I think that's the virus. The uniinstallation of it is completely silent and I believe it doesn't work well as it leaves your system infected.
The fake google results, all have BING as their referral.

It's such as shame that Microsoft approves this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version